Saturday 13 March 2010

Gearing up


As you can see I have changed the title of my blog...  I was never very happy with 'Making Marks' I just felt I had to think of something suitable and at the time that was all I could think of.  I am about to start selling some of my hand made work and will be doing so under the name 'Wild Things' (the tag line being - 'hand made things with wild things on') and so it seems a sensible idea to tie this blog in with my little business venture. 

The picture at the top illustrates the state of my little buisiness venture as it stands today though - I don't even think I could call it organised chaos could I?!!!  Guess what I'll be doing this weekend...

Just to add something a bit more creative to this post I thought I'd put up a  non-Wild Things pic that I keep working on - a watercolour of Lindisfarne in Northumberland, a place I have visited many times since I was a child.  This is a painting I keep coming back to.  It's taken from some patched together photographs of the castle and harbour, I am trying to work much more freely with the paint.  I have already made a mess of the sky and will try to rectify it at some point but its all being done on practice paper, just for fun really so I am enjoying the process:



Right I off to try to create some order out of chaos!  Chores today, creative fun tomorrow.  Have a good weekend guys! x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely colors and composition on your painting. Look forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that table is what you call chaos, I am in biiig trouble! I like your painting so far. I don't like to use practice paper because if I like it, well, it's not on nice paper and if I don't like it I can't blame it on lack of good quality materials, lol.

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawyer